Wednesday 13 April 2016

comic script page 1 developing



This is my sketch and you can see I have made some mistakes and the coloring looks a bit rushed, but I have fix them in photoshop which has helped me to  develop my ideas more. My design  has got  more gorey  than the drawing - that is  what I am aiming for . I have used a A3 sketch book and pencils  and used  gel pen to neaten up the drawing more  I have used a  metal ruler which has made it   a lot easier to draw in the boxes of my idea 


This  is my digital drawing in illstartor and I am very proud of the out come as looks very cool and I am  very proud of my comic script. I have  been using the pencil tool and rubber tool  which aren't  as many tools but it did take me hours to compelete it  and it was difficult getting the tablet but I wish  I could own one but they are expensive. I will be adding  my speech bubble text and SFX (Sound effect) after I have done coloring in the comic as I would know where to put it and not let the colour mess up the  SFX  text.




This is when I colour in the  outside boxes in photoshop which was easy to do and Photoshop is good for editing things like these.Some parts have been taken off because  only the outline  would fit on the  page.








This is when I have started colouring in photoshop.  .




This  is my development  with the  colouring on my zombies in which are looking cool .




 I have started colouring on the  3rd section and Tsuki (left side) looks good  and I would have done  some better shading on the clothes as they look a bit scruffy.





This is the  3rd section of page one which is blurry as I used the cuting tool to  paste it onto a new page in Photoshop which I would do again. I will be adding text after  I have done my colouring because the coloring would take over the writing and I don't want that to happen. I have  used a new fill layer to make the base colour of my character   I then used a brush tool to add light shading to the characters  then used the burning and dodging tool to bring more dark colour and lighter colour to my character . I have used a pen to  pick area that needs coloring  I have  also used the adding anchor  tool so I can make it tidier for me to colour I have used the blurring tool to blend with my character tones so it  doesn't look like the  shading colour  takes over the base colour of my characters.I really like the outcome of my comic as it looks more anime  which I didn't think it would happened out like this  because I through it might have been dull .




This section 4&5.  I like the  grabbing of the bow and  arrow as looks a really effective piece of work because  the flames are really active  I'm really good at coloring flames with crayon so it would have made  it look 10 x better in photoshop. On the 5th background  something is going to happen as you can see with my character tsuki grinning  as he his ready to attack. The  zombies on section 3  the bandanna shading looks as if it is reflecting his evil move that he  his going to make which is on section 6. I did it yellow because I want to make it stand out with the characters emotion for the move.






I think the last section has really good detail which has more than my other drawings and this is my first page so it would be a little  rough. I like the blood effect but I wish I had  made it more gory as I think it looks too basic.The background shading looks more detailed than the character which I wish I  could have  done better on my design .The speech bubbles  suit  the action on the section which I layed out well for my design.














This 1st section and 2nd . I like the zombies design on the first one as they look really gore.y
  I'm really proud of the effects of the blood and I think I have done the  brain better because  it looks more like grapes then a brain . My character Tsuki (middle)  really is standing out.In the second I like the grin as it looks evil which I'm trying to make people think because of the scar on my character Surya who on section 2 . I wish I hadn't added the snow as I was trying to make a rain effect  that has failed. I was struggling to do this because it was half term and I don't haveaa tutor to  ask   about my work ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment